Instagram’s Top Locations of 2012
By Andrew Hudson Published: December 31, 2012 Updated: March 11, 2015
Where do Instagrammers like to take photos? While this could be the set-up for a joke, the real answer is … airports and stadiums.
Topping the Instagram Top Locations of 2012 list is Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport, with over 100,000 photos taken there in 2012. A nearby shopping mall comes second, followed by another airport (LAX) and three California sports stadiums — AT&T Park, Dodger Stadium, and Staples Center.
Instagrammers, evidently, like big crowds.
Here’s the list:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ in Bangkok, Thailand
- Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand
- Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California
- Times Square in New York City
- AT&T Park in San Francisco
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in Los Angeles
- Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles
- Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Staples Center in Los Angeles
- Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles
Source: Instagram blog.Next page: Kodak Picture Spot, 1920-2012